Class 4 - Mrs Wall
Welcome to Class 4 - Year 5/6
Class teacher: Mrs K Wall
Other adults: Mrs B Murray
Welcome to Class 4. It is a pleasure to have your child in our class, and we are looking forward to each and every child reaching their potential. To ensure a positive learning relationship for all we are sendingkey information that will enable us to make this a very enjoyable and rewarding year. Communication between the parents, pupils and teachers are essential to promoting an educational climate that is conductive to learning.
- PE- Monday afternoon. Please ensure that your child has the correct PE uniform in a PE bag and that each item is clearly labelled with their name to avoid any items getting mislaid.
- Homework- in line with the whole school approach homework will be given out on a Monday and due on Friday.It will include Reading, Reading comprehension, spelling, and math.
- Reading- all pupils will be expected to read and record their reading 4 times a week in their reading journals. This will be supported by a reading champion scheme to promote reading.
- Class dojos- we are excited to introduce a new behaviour system to support and celebrate your child successes. Further information on this will be sent out separately.
Long term overview for Year A with medium term planning and topic webs for Year's 5 & 6.
Mrs Karen Wall
Assistant Head/Class 4 Teacher
Mrs Rebecca Murray
- Years 5 & 6 Topic 2- How do plants survive.pdf
- Years 5 & 6 Topic 3- Why do people go on a quest.pdf
- Years 5 & 6 Topic 4- How have the Mayans influenced life today.pdf
- Years 5 & 6 Topic 5- How can you slow things down.pdf
- Long Term Plan years 5-6 Cycle A