Our School Council
The School's Council is an ideal opportunity for pupils to get more involved in the way the school is run. The School Council benefits the whole school, pupils and teachers, because it provides opportunities for pupils to communicate their feelings as well as influence decisions that are made. Councillors develop skills such as confidence, communication and negotiation. It is important that each Councillor expresses both their own ideas and the ideas of their classmates.
So what makes a good school council?
- A good school council represents the views of all pupils and strives to get things done
- Good communication between representatives and their class
- Training for school council members
- Smaller groups (sub committees) working on specific events or issues
- Great ideas and planning for the future
- Annual evaluations ~ where we set ourselves targets and evaluate our successes and areas for development!!